Thursday 19 February 2015

Simple as ... A White Blazer

A simple white blazer, fitted to your body, notched at the waist, a perfect sleeve length, and a beautiful line.  Whether you purchase it off the rack or have it tailor made, invest in a blazer that fits your body type well - if you need to, take the time to have it altered to fit perfectly (the key is in the shoulder and waist fit).

If you spend some time and effort in your clothing, your clothing will love you in return.  And it will show to the outside world!

A simple white blazer with dark jeans or a matching fitted a skirt and heels; with a flared or gathered coloured skirt and espadrilles or sneakers; with an elegant tuxedo pant  or jumpsuit for an evening out or with a gorgeous strapless sheath at dinner ... Simple things make life a whole lot easier!

How current does Anouk Aimee look with her fitted white blazer and skirt combo, smokey eye and nude lip... from the 60s to now, it's still a beautiful and elegant look!  Simple.





1, Anouk Aimee, 1960s
2, Giorgia Tordini at LFW Fall 2015
3, Camilla and Marc, S/S 2014/15
4, via Lauren Conrad

3 comments:

Classiq said...

I think everyone should have a good tailor, not necessarily to have their blazers or clothing custom-made, but to have them altered whenever necessarily. It makes the biggest difference. My mother has has one for years and she takes almost every new skirt, blazer and coat to him. It shows. How amazing Anouk Aimee looks! I wonder if that is a shot from a movie. Would love to know.

The Style Schedule said...

The alterations do make a difference!
The picture of Anouk Aimee is from a movie (or during a break in shooting), and I've been trying to find the details of this pic all week Ada!:)

agnes szucs said...

I love the second one! I used to have a white blazer in the '90s made by my mom. I wore blazers all through the '90s (I usually dressed them down with torn jeans and stuff like that) but now not so much any more... Don't know why... Maybe it's just that I have none that would fit me perfectly. I agree, a good fit makes all the difference.

hugs,
agnes
:) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...