Monday 18 June 2012

Snap!

What's your angle?  Everyone has an angle right?  A perspective, a thought, a thread, a plane from which they see things differently.  But then somethings are so similar it's like 6 degrees of separation - you know like 'The Double Life of Veronique', like 'Three Colours Blue', like these two beautiful, glorious, amazing angles and colours on the artwork and light fitting on the left to the gorgeous perpendicular angles of the Rauwolf clutch on the left.  Do you see it?  (But don't get too technical on me)!

And besides it's Monday and I'm humming that Depeche Mode song used in the recent Dior 'Secret Garden' campaign in Versailles (here) and then that lead me to 80's music, then to New Order and, voila, Blue Monday!

So soothing these blues aren't they - crisp and welcoming.

The bedroom photo on the left I found last week, but in my rush I failed to note where I bookmarked it from (sorry) and the Rauwolf clutch on the right came via the gorgeous Miss Beasley's blog here (Thea did the styling for the photoshoot).   Aren't the angles beautiful and that colour sublime?




7 comments:

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Wow, that clutch is amazing! The colours are stunning + the shape is very unique! Hope you had a lovely weekend Helen xx

Audrey said...

Yes, Thea was working on a beautiful project, beautiful little pieces of art.

Have a good week Helen!

Thea Beasley said...

Fantastic post! Thank you for sharing her work. I can't wait to send this to her.
I've been listening to Depeche Mode, too!!
xx

C said...

Thats a clutch???? really??? Its great!

classiq said...

Is that a clutch? It's amazing! Looking at all these beautiful shades of blue reminds me why blue is among my favourite colours. Have a wonderful week, Helen! xo

Neda said...

I adore all of the blues in different textures...and Blue Monday is one of my all time favorites from the 80s!! Have a wonderful week, Helen! xx

Anonymous said...

That clutch is more like a sculpture in this context. I never would have known it was a clutch unless you had said so. Amazing.

PS. Yeah right, he had those roses especially planted, hahahaha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...