Monday 20 May 2013

Getting back

I'm back... kinda like Christy Turlington.  Well, Christy is back to modelling and I'm just back from a little interstate getaway - but the sentiment is the same I guess.



And just like Christy glows in the image above taken by Dan Jackson for Harpers Bazaar US, softly tanned skin, cheeky knowing grin, hair mussed up just so and wearing something new from the latest Calvin Klein range - I like to think I mirror that image... well the mussed up hair and cheeky grin is all I can match today paired back with layers to keep out the cool and rain!   

It's all about the eyes... and those curves!

The look is refreshed, recharged, natural and city cool... and that's what I'd like to carry with me back from my trip.  (Read an interview with Christy here).

I've been in Sydney for the last week, basking in warm sunshine, enjoying delicious food and exploring the city.  And with t-shirt and jeans weather, I've even managed to get a bit of a sun-kissed glow to my complexion (speaking of which, it was the first time ever that I didn't over pack for a trip away!  That's amazing for me!).

From the typical ferry ride to Manly beach, to a day long trip to Taronga Zoo and a cable car ride to the top of the hill with amazing views back towards the city (man, that place is steep!), enjoying some delicious breakfasts in the mornings at local cafes, and shopping in the city, it was just great to get away from the stormy skies of Melbourne for a few days.

You just can't go past a ferry ride in Sydney... it's like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel tower - it's gotta be done no matter how many times you visit.

Sometimes it's fun to play tourist don't you think?

Yep, I'm feeling refreshed and recharged again.


The postcard photo... yes the sky was that blue over the Sydney Opera House

Obligatory Ferry ride

The view from Taronga Zoo looking back to the city

Sky Safari at Taronga Zoo - so much fun
Brekky... demolished corn fritters at Bills in Surry Hills (mmmmm)

Note to self... take better photos next time!


3 comments:

C said...

That woman is even better as she ages!

Audrey said...

Ah...it seems you had a good time visiting Sydney. Fabulous view ! Beautiful blue sky Helen, and the food looks good! and yes...she looks even more gorgeous!xx

Classiq said...

Welcome back, Helen! Nothing better than a getaway from work and blogging, right? Love seeing your own photos, the one with the Opera House is beautiful (that sky!). You make me long for a visit to your beautiful country.
Ada

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...