Tuesday 2 September 2014

Home Style... Urban Elegant Brownstone, New York

I've lost count of how many floors this lovely brownstone building has (I think I stopped at 4?) and I haven't added the roof top garden!

Elegant creams, natural flooring and gilded finishes give this lovely home a cozy and inviting feel.  Usually I go for that bright modern white wall look, but the elegance of this creamy, buttermilk, sandy palette kinda appeals to me right now.

Of course I love that gallery wall in the dining area; all manner of frames and sizes and prints; and the living room with the fireplace and those tub chairs... well I can see myself there drink in hand at the end of dinner.  The kitchen, rustic and chic with those exposed shelves showcasing all manner of vessels, platters and servingware, against the subway tiles just oozes all business for a master chef don't you think?

But then the addition of the dark grey wall finished in Venetian plaster in the master bedroom, together with the sumptuous bed linen (is that Frette?)...just gorgeous!!

I do so love me a chandelier here and there too...

Are you feeling it?






Photographs Matthew Williams
Images via LivingEtc

1 comment:

agnes szucs said...

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling it.
I guess my most favourit part is the chunky sheéving in the kitchen.

hugs,
agnes
:) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...