Thursday 31 May 2012

Johanna Johnson - elegant and refined

Having originally studied graphic design, Johanna Johnson started her first collection when she couldn't find a dress she wanted to wear for her own wedding (I know that feeling!).  Taking inspiration from 1920's and from grand old Hollywood, her designs are beautifully detailed with beads, sequins, and lace and all are hand-finished in Australia.

There is definitely a vintage feel to these designs, the details are just beautiful, the palette subdued but not without the obligatory black for vamping it up.  Johanna designs one or two bridal collections, as well as bridal and evening-wear accessories, a Trousseau line, and a lifestyle range that includes day wear, shoes, candles, lotions and scrubs.  The gowns are all just stunning and you might remember that Johanna's profile skyrocketed last year when Christina Hendricks wore one of her gorgeous creations at the Emmy Awards.  Needless to say, she is now firmly entrenched in Hollywood wardrobes and red-carpets.

Johanna recently showed her Spring/Summer 2012/13 collection at Sydney Fashion Week.

Such beauty, such delicacy and such elegance.  My favourite are the accessories - beaded headbands, cuffs and encrusted capelets worn to add pizazz to any outfit, day or night.  

More images from the Johanna Johnson bridal, trousseau, accessories and lifestyle range can be found at Johanna's website.  But be prepared for some serious oohing & swooning - don't say I didn't warn you.


Luxor Gown from the Red Carpet collection / Headband and cuffs from Accessories collection


Spring/Summer 2012/13 via Vogue

Spring/Summer 2012/13 via Vogue 

Spring/Summer 2012/13 via Vogue


4 comments:

classiq said...

I know that feeling of not finding a dress for your own wedding. I didn't even try hard to find one because I knew my efforts would be in vain, so I ended up by designing my dress together with a talented fashion designer here. Just the way I wanted it. :) Love the headband in the second photo, I would like to wear it to a 20's theme party. :)

Neda said...

I love the silhouettes...especially the Spring/Summer 2012/13 collection. Very pretty!

Audrey said...

Oh you definitely have me with this post Helen!! love the accessoriesxx

Thea vintage said...

Oooh! The bridal dresses are fantastic! Three years ago I worked at a bridal magazine, so I have seen my fair share of dresses. But these really stand out! Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...