Friday 22 June 2012

In The Schedule

It's going to be a cold few days ahead so what else is there to do but stay in front of the fireplace, relax and check out some of these great links I uncovered this week; fancy feathers at the Lanvin window; virtual gallery for Valentino; an invitation to an elegant lunch for Longines; candid photo of classic movie stars from the 60's & 70's and a delicious treat to warm the tummy.  Enjoy!



+  Birds of a feather... An absolutely gorgeous window display at Lanvin's Rue du Faubourg St Honore store - more images via Trendland.  Illustration above by me.




+  Technology & fashion; Valentino Garavani releases a downloaded version of a 3D virtual museum, bringing fashion exhibits to everyone's fingertips.  Make your own way around corridors and rooms filled with 5000 archived documents in this virtual Palazzo via here.




+  Fancy an invitation to a gala dinner at the Chateau de Chantilly in France?  Who wouldn't right... well stylist Romy Frydmann was lucky enough to attend one hosted by Longines - what a way to practise your french hey?  Lucky girl!... more images via Style Me Romy.




+ Some candid shots of movie stars from 60's & 70's as taken by Daniel Angeli featured via Vanity Fair here.




+  These raspberry and white chocolate muffins are hands down the easiest treat to whip up for a cold morning.  I often get bribed to make a batch of these for the family - eat them when they're hot for the quickest tummy warmer- photo and recipe via Donna Hay.


Stay warm this weekend.
Hx


6 comments:

classiq said...

I've told you before that I would love to see more of your illustrations. :) Off to check out the other links, especially those shots of movie stars. :) Have a wonderful weekend, Helen!

classiq said...

that photo of Paul Newman...

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Oh wow! I really love your illustration! Checking out those links now! Have a wonderful weekend (and stay warm)!

Anonymous said...

I wrote a comment and it disappeared as soon as I hit publish ... arg!

Here I go again. I'm with Ada, I would like to see more of your illustrations.

That castle is so beautiful but I have to say that I'm so tired of the 'let them eat cake' phrase because it's always connected with Marie Antoinette who never uttered those words.

Loved the Vanity Fair link and of course the Valentino archives are gorgeous.

Have a wonderful weekend ;-)

C said...

Gonna check everything right away!
I always love your reccomendations!
Have a lovely weekend sweetie!

Audrey said...

Such a lovely illustration! it's beautiful Helen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...