Tuesday 16 December 2014

Counting down to Xmas

The baking is underway with these mini Christmas fruit cakes that came out of the oven yesterday afternoon.

This year, I thought I would whip up a batch full of fruit, candied peel and a splash of brandy (of course) and wrap in ribbon and clear cellophane as little gifts for neighbours and friends.

One has already made it's way out the door this morning (I'm just waiting for the taste testing verdict!).

I do enjoy a little baking for special occasions and this cake has somehow turned into a tradition in our home at this time of year.

What about you, have you started your traditional baking yet?

If you feel like getting a bit of global inspiration for Christmas preparations and traditions, take a look at Ada's blog, Classiq where she invites her blogger friends from around the world to share their Christmas preparations... oh, and there's a little bit of my text in there too.




Photos by me

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Looks great Helen! and I jumped over to read about your preparations. Lovely to read. It's warming, and just having a good time with the ones you love. Embrace those moments!!

Classiq said...

These look delicious, Helen. Will you share the recipe too? I've been making gingerbread cookies and carrot cake, because the first are my husband's favourites and the latter mine. :)
It was wonderful having you as my guest. :)

The Style Schedule said...

Thank you ladies:)

Ada - I will include the recipe on the next In The Schedule post at the end of the week for you.

They look fairly impressive.... but are really quite easy to put together! Luckily...

Classiq said...

I'm already checking, see? I'm waiting for the recipe. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...