Friday 2 August 2013

In The Schedule

Well the weather calls for staying in this weekend, so sit down, relax and grab a cuppa... here are some things I found during the week -




+ Whaaaaat... this a look at the new Zara Fall 2013/14 ads... I think I must visit the racks of Zara again!?  Is it just me, but I can never find anything that looks this sleek in store... via FGR





+ Someone who always knows where to find things... Miranda Kerr gives us rundown on her packing tips - as someone who travels for work very often, it certainly looks like she's on the money with packing only essential, chic items for transatlantic travel.  Love your selections Miranda!  (Especially that gorgeous Equipment shirt you're wearing)...  View here via Netaporter.



Via

Via

Via

+  Over at Keep It Chic, the question remains... would you break out your Birkenstocks as a bonafide fashion item and if so, how do you look chic and credible in them whilst remaining comfortable?   Hmmm... I like Preston Davies' choices.  






+  Someone comfortable in whatever she's wearing and clearly comfortable in her own skin is Sharon Stone here on the cover of New You magazine.  There's some talk about 'imperfections' in the article.. really, I couldn't see any, but then again, I suppose they're referring to ageing?  You go Girl!   Read more here via DailyMail.






+ And onto another working and rocking 50+ chick - Madonna - how does she manage to retain that awesome bod (well obviously workouts), but also alot of strict food intake.  Here Rebecca Harington tries to follow Madonna's diet and fitness workout to see how she can achieve some of that suppleness and muscle tone... I say, good on you for trying!  




+ And finally, as the wind blows outside my window and with cup of tea in hand, I'm just about to tuck into one of these goodies...mmm.  If you've got a spare hour then... take 125 g butter and half cup caster sugar and beat until creamy.  Add 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence and beat well.  Fold in 1 cup sifted plain flour and 1 cup sifted self raising flour until it forms a soft dough (its quite soft and I use my hands after the folding).  Turn the dough out on a floured surface and roll out to 5mm thick.  Cut using whatever biscuit cutters you have.  Bake in batches for 15 mins until golden at 160 degrees.  Wait to cool, then take 1/2 cup jam (I used raspberry) and heat in a small pan until runny and blob a little jam in the centre of biscuit - find it's partner and press together.  Take about 125g dark chocolate and place in a dish above a pan of simmer water and melt the chocolate.  When oozy and gooey, dip your biscuits in the chocolate and place on foil to set.  I put them in the fridge overnight and they look perfect... bon appetit!  I think they make the cutest little homemade gift don't you?


Have a great weekend...







3 comments:

C said...

its not just you, Zara clothes...never the same in the store!!!! but still, I was taking a look yesterday and I saw pretty cool stuff for the Fall/winter season!

Classiq said...

No, it's not just you. I hardly find anything that looks as good in store, especially when I can feel the polyester fabric...

I like the Birkenstock Giseh sandals. I would love a pair in white or brown leather for the summer days when I want to look very casual.

Have a great weekend, Helen!

Eleni (imagineyourhomes) said...

Great finds. I love the biscuits in heart shape....!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...