Friday 1 November 2013

In The Schedule

What a glorious day it is today and the weekend will bring us more sunshine, perfectly timed for the races tomorrow!  It's Derby Day so the dress code calls for Black & White ... do you have your outfits ready ladies?  I'm not going but if I were, I would suggest something light and feminine, sleeveless, lots of sunscreen and a wide brimmed hat - and remember to stay hydrated all day long (I don't mean just bubbles!).

Here are some links I've had stored on file to share -


+  I love to see the different interpretation of racewear on the ladies and tomorrow morning if I were to go to the city I would glimpse an array of outfits as ladies make their way via train out to Flemington Racecourse.  Below Tanja Gacic of My Empirical Life shares some ideas for dressing for the races via Vogue - I like it - it covers enough skin while being quite elegant and classic; and the Massimo Dutti hat is a great touch.



Below, Romy Frydman from Style Me Romy adds Valentino Top with a gorgeous Balenciaga skirt and Saint Laurent heels for a modern, classic look  - I love those shoes!



For me, I love the lines of this dress at Country Road.  Balance the flounced hem with a wide brim hat (white with an enormous black velvet flower and some spotted tulle), pull back your hair in an elegant low side ponytail, add a soft red lip and a simple chain link handbag and you're done.  Don't forget the sunscreen!


I think a flounced hem is the go for the races!




+ Don't forget about your manicure ladies; your hands will be on show as you raise those bubbles to your lips for most of the day so pay attention with a fabulous and classic, French manicure.  Did you know that the french manicure did not even begin in France?  I didn't... well here is a definitive guide to  this modern mani via Style.com.





+  Loved this interview with Ines de la Fressange and Bruno Frisoni as they talk about their decade long involvement with the Roger Vivier brand via Glass Magazine.






+  I enjoyed this video of Vogue US' Hamish Bowles in rapture as he meets Yves St Laurent's house model/muse Danielle de Saint Germain and gets an inside view of her amazing couture collection which she amassed whilst working for the maison in the 60's - Iconic to say the least.  I loved the cubist inspired dress he pays particular attention to.  View here via Vogue US.





+ How beautiful is blogger Nicole Warne of Gary Pepper?... in demand blogger, editor, style curator sitting in the front rows with international fashion editors, stylists and fashionistas.  After starting out with an e-commerce vintage store, Nicole took a chance and quit her day job and along with $200 started out on her international style adventure.  Here she talks about her journey.






+  Two coffee table books that I'd like to get my hands on are the Giambattista Valli's Couture book and Giancarlo Giammetti's Private.    The images alone conjure all sorts of glamour, elegance and jet setting that is just the thing for wallowing in on a lazy Sunday afternoon.




Country Road Leopard Pointy Toe Flats & Zara Tote
Givenchy Hobo Bag & Zara Pumps


I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world wherever you spend your weekend; and if you're still interested in little tidbits of style, you can catch me over at Classiq today, where I give some of my tips on dressing for your body type and lifestyle on lovely Ada's 'Chic Files' segment.   See you there!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...